Friday, February 27, 2009
As my life in 2009 starts to fall apart around me through sheer neglect, my journey of rediscovery back to 2000 continues... Doesn't this make you feel safe? Such nice lads, with big hearts and crisp, coordinated sartorial instincts that keep leading them back to Top Man every time...



And this? I think this deserves a playlist comeback. As often discussed, this song breaks my heart, and not just because of its regressive politics. It's just so bleak -- "I don't know how to live since you've been gone/ I was born to make you happy". But I lap it up nonetheless -- Max Martin really has brought so much joy to my life. If you don't think a bizarre latin dance section adds to the teenage misery, and can do without Britters adding some breathy vocals now and then to the straight-from-CD backing track, the original can be found here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for positive posts! I feel I need to contribute a positive comment!

I'm loving this song and music video at the moment. I mean, real life space invaders. What more could you possibly want?!

Guy said...

Ooh that is quite cool. Summer driving music! But also slightly apocalyptic, so not entirely happy :(

Unknown said...

Yeah...but pretty glittering lights...what a way to go!

The sort of death that reminds me of this Boy George incident.

Which is a much better Boy George story than the recent Boy George the Rent Boy Imprisoner!

Guy said...

That is hilarious -- so poignant that it was a glitter ball that almost took his life, but also tragic that it was at the "Bournemouth International Centre in Dorset".

Guy said...

Rent boy incident less hilarious...

Guy said...

P.P.S. Scroll down here http://poptrashaddicts.blogspot.com/ to find the ultimate Delta face tinkering evidence I was searching for... a little inaccurate as it doesn't mention her latest... work.